Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ding Dong Ditch?

Five minutes ago (had to blog immediately) I experienced
one of the most sweetest things. Craig and Jordyn
left to go to softball practice. I was sitting on the couch
in the living room trying to finish up a scrapbook page.
Ryan goes out in the front yard. I hear the back yard gate
and I see him walking around with something green
in his hand. I just kept cutting away because I really
wanted to put all my scrapbooking stuff back.
Anyway, I hear a knock at the door. A pretty strong knock,
so I figured it was our neighbor wanting to play
with Jordyn or it was a sales person.
I kinda take my time to get up to answer the door.
When I get there, no one is there. I figured I took too
long to answer the door so they left. So I stand there for
a couple seconds, and then I looked down.
Tears immediately filled my eyes!!!


Then out popped Ryan with the biggest smile on his face.
He had gathered flowers from all around the house, filled up
a greeen plastic egg that he got from a neighbor (as he was
collecting flowers) and found a pink piece of paper and left
it all for me as a surprise. I think the pink paper was a grocery
list. He didn't know what it said but he knew it was my favorite
color paper and that it was a note of some kind.
He then told me he left me all these things because he loves me!
Awwww!!!!!


I feel so darn lucky to have a son like Ryan!!!

5 comments:

  1. I give you props, Ryan. You've got skills.

    Last time I tried to give my Mom something I pulled out of the dirt, it didn't go so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried too! Tell Ryan I love that he's sooo romantic just like his Grandpa. Poor Mommy, NO girl will be good enough for her baby boy. Jordyn's one handed carwheel is WONDERFUL! Love Memaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. During the course of your life you will experience many wonderful things. Nothing can compare to the exchange of true love between a parent and a child. I am so thankful that you have been able to experience those feelings. I know what it feels like.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what is better...the post or your dad's comments? very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaawwwww...so cute, definitely a moment to treasure ;-)

    ReplyDelete