Sunday, May 24, 2009

When you talk to a Monkey!

Jordyn was selected to participate in the Poetry Festival at school.
She told me from the get go that if she did get selected,
that there was no way she would do it. I told her that was fine
and that it would just be an honor to be picked.
Well sure enough, she got picked! Soon the dilemma followed.
She told her teacher that she needed to talk to her mommy about it first.
After a few discussions, she finally turned to me and said,
"I think I'll do it because I might not ever have the chance to do it again!"
I felt so proud of her at that moment just for saying that.
I didn't push her at all because I know that I would be scared myself!


The setting was real cute.
It was a tea party and all the kids got dressed up.
The kids sat in tables and waited for their turn to recite their poem.
Jordyn wasn't too nervous.
Her friend (in the black and white dress)
was very nervous so I think she was trying to
help her out.

OK maybe she's a little nervous!

Here she is....
When you talk to a Monkey
by Rowena Bennet



proud Mommy of course...she was perfect!


and two very relieved girls that it was over!
Although I think Jordyn is starting to like the stage! HA!

3 comments:

  1. I am positive many more opportunities like this one will come her way. Great job Jordyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. Is this Grandpa's little girl or WHAT?? I love this little angel more than life itself!
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Jordyn! and what a pretty dress :-)

    ReplyDelete