Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday DAD!!


I know this technically isn't a so called "milestone" birthday,
but in so many ways it is.
Four months ago not many people thought you'd see your next birthday.
As for me, I never let my mind wander that way because I had to focus my
energy on the positive. Looking back now, as I often do,
I can't express enough, how proud I am of you.
Why some might ask? Because I watched you have the fight of your life.
I saw the fear and the struggle you were faced with.
It was your strong will and your love for your family that kept you going
because you knew it wasn't your time to go.
And yes, it WASN'T your time to go.
I was not ready to lose my father, my friend.

I love you DAD!

And for me, this is the Happiest of Birthday's!!!

Weights to help build back your legs and arms of steel! :)


The kids made their special cards and got him some special cologne...Old Spice!


Happy birthday Dad, you truly are my HERO!!!

6 comments:

  1. Roger...Happy Birthday! So many prayers have been uttered on your behalf from our little home here in Torrance. You are a very special man with a very special family, and we're honored to know you.

    Christine...you're not supposed to make me cry at work! You're beautiful inside and out. I'm so glad you're my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beat to the punch...

    Mr. Mortvedt...Roger...Pa,

    What a blessing to have met the man. Yes...we were with you every step of the way. Every moment in that hospital room. We're still with you. The family Mortvedt will forever be in our hearts and prayers.

    I hold nothing but the highest regard, love and admiration for you sir.

    Carpe Diem, Truly

    Jonathan

    P.S. - I need you around to screen my film that is almost done. I fear you are one of the few that will truly enjoy it. We'll talk later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhh! Love this...and so deserved. Happiest birthday, Mr. Mortvedt, Mr. Ironman himself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very aniticpated and much deserved birthday Roger. Hope it was a great one. and it's a good thing i checked your blog after the students left...makes me cry to rethink those moments too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Roger. I'm so proud of the effort you put into getting stronger everyday! There was a lot of hard work put into reaching this milestone!! I'm glad that you took the day off to celebrate with us, but the party's over and it's time to strap on the feed bag, hit the weights, and hop on the treadmill, next years right around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an incredible post. I am sure that your touching words meant so much to your dad. I can totally relate to thinking of your dad as a hero. Happiest Birthday!

    ReplyDelete