Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thirty-Skate...ok 8


Over Christmas vacation, yes I turned 38! Don't remind me. Thankfully I didn't think about it too much and instead had probably the best day of the year! We started out by going to Eat at Joe's in Redondo Beach to have my favorite breakfast, a John Wayne Special. After that, we decided to check out the outdoor iceskating rink they put down at the Seaside Lagoon in King's Harbor. We thought at least we'd check it out and then decide whether we were brave enough to actually skate. Once we got there, Jordyn said right away, "oh yeah, let's get skates!!"
So her and I decided we'd brave it out first. Then the boys could join if we were able to handle it.

Well...things started out a little rough,

But soon we were all out on the ice

Jordyn was determined to skate and never let me or her take a break. We skated for 2 hours straight but she did get the hang of it.

Ryan enjoyed eating the ice

The atmosphere was so beautiful, palm tree, sail boats, ocean breeze and let's not forget the
80's music they played.

The night ended with Sushi for me, teriyaki chicken for the kids

And last but not least, we ate cake with the Wille's

What a wonderful Birthday!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a FUN day filled with all of your favorite things...did the DJ happen to play "Benny and the Jetts"? Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said to tell you that, "If that last photo of you guys with the birthday cake isn't an all-American Norman Rockwell print, I don't know what is."

    I don't know what that means. I just thought Ryan eating the ice was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Now you're hooked too, on blogging that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blown away. Beautiful shots of a GREAT FAMILY!!! I AM SOOOOO PROUD.

    ReplyDelete