Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Swimming in FEBRUARY???

"Yes it's been hot, but no you can't go swimming."
I've been sounding like a broken record.
So are the whines that follow the answer NO!
So today I thought, fine, go ahead, they'll see how cold it is
and then they'll stop asking everyday right?


Yep they realized it was VERY COLD! But, will it stop them???

Jordyn is testing the waters so to speak but I'm thinking
she's going to come right back out.
Ryan is just being cute so I really don't think
he'll be brave enough to actually go for it!


I know everyone knows where this is going. You'd think I'd know
my kids a little better too! Sure enough, Jordyn does (to me) the unthinkable.

I'm getting goose bumps looking at these pictures. Our pool
is freezing right now. Well to most of us humans that is! :)

Well monkey see monkey do...

At least he looks a little more cold and shocked than Jordyn.
Yet, the smile was soon to follow


For the last two years they've asked to have their birthday parties
be a swim party. Were they just trying to prove a point to me??
We'll keep the swimming parties for the summer time because
I'm not jumping in to rescue anyone in this water!
Well you know we're anxious over here for the real summer
to come! :)

4 comments:

  1. I think La Mirada has a Polar Bear Club you should look into for these two...they're CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how the parents always think they can outsmart you?

    Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the chills just thinking of what the temperature must read in that pool...brrrr, but the kids do love water.

    ReplyDelete